Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Finger feeding device

Default Finger feeding device

Has anyone used a finger feeding device for an infant that refuses a bottle? Our 11 wk old daughter took a bottle at 5 and 6 wks and has refused ever since. She keeps moving the nipple around with her tongue and can't seem to get the hang of getting the breast milk out of a bottle. We've tried just about every suggestion out there to get her to take the bottle without success so I've ordered a finger feeding device.

Any suggestions? I go back to work in 4 wks so I'm starting to get concerned about being out of the house for 12 hrs at a time (and I'm hoping she doesn't become a night nurser).

Default Re: Finger feeding device

It didn't work for my son since he has this idea that milk can be taken only from the breast. Sorry I couldn't help, I hope your baby accepts it and gives you the peace of mind

Default Re: Finger feeding device

I used it in the hospital because they had to give me a drug and I couldn't breastfeed for 48 hours. My husband put t on his pinky and it worked well. It did take both of us to use it - I held the baby while he fed him. I'm sure it gets easier with time, but we only had to do it for 2 days. Hopefully, it will work for you.