Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Poop question

Default Poop question

My son will be 11 weeks old Monday and his poop has changed over the last few weeks. We expected that to happen, so I wasn't worried when it became less frequent. Last weekend, though, we were at my mom's, and he had a real blowout, and it was really different from previously in terms of texture. Normally he has the seedy yellow stuff that has very little odor, but this was like runny peanut butter and had a funny smell (to me, anyway; his dad didn't notice a difference in odor and thought I was being a worrywart). We thought we narrowed it down to my having eaten pizza, which seemed to have upset his tummy once several weeks before. We went a week with pretty normal pooping, but today it happened again. He's eating normally, gaining weight, sleeping, and doesn't seem to be in any pain or discomfort. I am really worried that I have made him suffer (for lack of a better word) with some tummy problem for a whole week and done nothing to make it better. Does anyone have any experience with this?
    Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Poop question

Totally normal. All just a part of their digestive systems maturing.