Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: poopy diapers

Default poopy diapers

when does the poopy diaper deal cut back?my son is 5 weeks, almost 6 wks and has 2 or 3 stools a day now... before it was 6 or more... is it normal now? still has lots of wets

Default Re: poopy diapers

My son is 10.5 weeks old, and his poopy diapers began cutting back between 7 and 8 weeks, and now there is a drastic difference. He used to have tons of poopy ones; now they are much less frequent--but what he lacks in frequency he makes up for in intensity!

at the 6 week mark we drastically cut back on our poopy diapers - slowly went from about 5 a day to 3 a day to 1 every other day. But even that isnt a regular - like yesterday he went twice and they were HUGE.

As long as he has enough wets - and when it does turn out to be poo it is soft and yellow and your lo isnt in any distress you are good =)

This also marks the point when my lo started having less trouble with gas. Firecrackers all day without the pain he used to get

My baby girl is right around the same age as yours. She'll be 6 weeks old on Sunday. I've noticed this week that she has been having significantly fewer BMs in a day than previously (dow from 6-8 to 2-3). I've read that this is supposed to happen. It just seems sudden and drastic. Hopefully other things (like less gas and fussiness) will also change suddenly and drastically soon too!
    Betsy, Mom to Maggie, born naturally 4/29/07.

Your daughter is only a few days older than my son, he was born 5/1....
    And yes I hope that the gas and fussiness changes suddenly too lol. I keep mylicon drops in him though now and it really helps with the gas... I burp him more freqently too.

Thanks for all the answers.. I knew that the dirtys cut back, just didnt know how soon.. he definetly has enough wets.. pees all day i swear.