Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: am i spoiling him?

Default Re: am i spoiling him?

My daughter started sleeping on my chest while we were still in the hospital. It was the only way I could get any sleep. She will be 7 weeks old Sunday and has spent every night of the past 7 weeks sleeping on my chest.

I love having her close to me and we both sleep much better that way.
    Carol
    Proud mom to,
    Cassi 5/17/85
    Carlie 3/16/96

The Twinzillas
    Camryn 8/17/06
    Carson 8/17/06
    & their Shadow
    Caitlyn 4/22/07

Logan loves to sleep on my chest! The first times he did it was the first time we got sleep after the hospital. He keeps me warm that way and I love it. I also love to see how strong he is already because he lifts his head up to look around..... only 2 weeks old and my baby is a rubber necker, lol.
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

Quote Originally Posted by AkRotts View Post

I love having her close to me and we both sleep much better that way.
    hooray!im not crazy!!

it really does feel good having him close to me. plus i don't have to keep standing up minute after minute to check how he is in the crib. :-)

Gabe and Jacob's Nanay

Gabe born on September 07, 2004

Jacob born on May 29, 2007

My 7 wo has been sleeping on or very near to me every night since she's been born. I'm an incredibly light and motionless sleeper so it doesn't concern me as far as injuring her. And it makes me feel much better to know that so many others are doing the exact same thing!! When I put DD in her crib, it seems to swallow her up because she's still so small, and it seems so lonely to me to put her in there! And I love that closeness (and convenience) of having her right with me!!

Almost no one I talk to agrees with me when I say- just hold them!!!! It's good to see that a lot of mommies here agree with me.

I held my first son on my chest and do the same with my daughter. It feels natural and we both love it. You have to just follow your instinct!

Both my children have always been amazing sleepers and that's because I hold them close to me, I know it is!

I love holding my little one as she sleeps! My mother-in-law just LOVES that she likes to fall asleep this way, my DH nor his sister would ever fall asleep in her arms. So, having a granddaughter that prefers this just tickles her to death!

Enjoy every moment of it!
    Our blessings from God!
    Kylee was born September, 2006 - 9 lbs. 12 1/2 oz, 21 inches long.
    Kiefer was born January, 2008 - 6 lbs. 14 oz, 19 1/2 inches long.
    He was diagnosed with a severe peanut allergy at 12 1/2 months old. Others later discovered.
    And I am even more blessed by being married to my best friend and the most honorable man I've ever known.

"The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world." - Abraham Lincoln

Heh - I hear a lot of people telling me to let him cry - let him sleep in his own bed - sleeping on me or in his babywrap is not 'quality' sleep.

DH gets upset because DS really only likes to sleep with me. Of course the boob has something to do with that

I remember my first week home from the hospital - my mom told me - If he wants to be held then hold him. They are only this little once.

Of course now she thinks he should be sleeping and napping on his own =p Man she would probably freak if she knew we are cosleeping Amazing how opinions can change so quick.

I love sleeping with my LO - and he seems to thrive with the love and comfort