Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: am i spoiling him?

Default am i spoiling him?

I would sometimes let DS sleep on my chest especially at night when I get too tired to rock him to sleep. Am i spoling him? He has always been a great sleeper on his own but i'm just worried that by letting him sleep with us(on my chest) would make him less likely to sleep on his own.

Gabe and Jacob's Nanay

Gabe born on September 07, 2004

Jacob born on May 29, 2007

Default Re: am i spoiling him?

I sleep with my DS on the couch... yeah it gets annoying sometimes but it's much easier for everyone around. My DF was too excited the one time we did sleep in there and he couldn't sleep. But anyways! He does sleep in his swing all by himself when I have to get something done, and I'm sure you aren't spoiling him because all those mamas wearing there babies in the slings and wraps and all that the baby is close to them alot. So if you are enjoying it and he is enjoying it I don't think you should worry about it at all!

I sleep with Dyl anywhere he will- couch, bed..heck, Im so close to sleeping in the car..jk

I dont think it makes them spoiled, just comforted and maybe protected feeling. If I was a kid, Id really like having the person whom I feed off of right below me Its just furthering a bond.

Some people may disagree, but I absolutely don't think you're spoiling him; in fact, I don't think it's possible to "spoil" them with closeness. I think that closeness just makes them feel secure and, as the previous poster said, comforted. I just can't think of anything that could feel better to my son than being snuggled up close to his dad or me--I think I'm the one getting spoiled!

No. Enjoy that baby sleeping on your chest! They grow up so fast & soon they don't want to sleep on your chest. There is a huge difference between nurturing your baby and spoiling them. I personally think we spend too much time worrying about spoiling our children, that we don't spend enough time enjoying the moment. Do what is right for you & your LO. Just love that baby as much as you can.

Loving my Beautiful High Needs Baby Girl born 12/28/06

You can't spoil a baby. Have fun!

No Mama, you're loving him

I try to always remember those famous words, "No Mother ever looked back and said, 'I wish I held him less.'" Get the cuddles in while you can. Before you know it they are off in every direction.

Lyn
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

it's just that heis so different from my 1st child. gabe couldn't be put down and always wanted to be with me (which i loved), and now with Jacob i can actually do things because he easily gets contented. but i do love sleeping close to him.

you're right...enjoy the moments!

Gabe and Jacob's Nanay

Gabe born on September 07, 2004

Jacob born on May 29, 2007

We let DD sleep on our chests (mine or DHs) whenever we can! She is ~3mos now and most of the time likes to stretch out more when she is sleeping but for the first 1-2mos she was almost always sleeping on one of us. Now my husband says, "What happened to my little girl who liked to nap on daddy's chest? You're all grown up." Which is really a hilarious thing to say to a ~3mo old!

ENJOY IT!

spoiling a child is giving them what they want, regardless of whether it is good for them or not. A baby needs that contact. It isn't unhealthy for them at all.