Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: curious about teeth

Default curious about teeth

My daughter is just 4 1/2 m/o and down't have any budding teeth, but I am already wondering about biting. Do they naturally not bite down? If she does bite, what do I do? Thanks, Christine

Default Re: curious about teeth

I'm curious about this too because my 5.5 month dd DOES bite down and doesn't even have teeth yet. She'll bite and then pull off, especially when let down hasn't come yet, almost like she's mad at my breast! I'm very concerned when her teeth come in that she's going to continue biting, and then it will HURT. I would love some guidance as well.

Hi christinep and mom23,
    It is worrying to think about biting! Many mothers ask about this very thing. This FAQ What Should I Do If My Baby Bites Me? may help ease your concerns. When babies are actively nursing they cannot bite, no matter how many teeth they have. The FAQ describes how to tell when their latch changes enough to be a "hint" that they are about to bite -- and what to do about it.
    HTH!
    Mary

I was wondering about this too, I don't have to worry about it for a while, but I was worried lol
    Melanie
    Proud Army Wife to James
    Loving Mommy to DS Gavin: March 16, 2006 and DSS Cody: Feb 13, 1998
    Banners/Photos/HC

Thank you...Christine