Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Fussing at breast

Question Fussing at breast

Hello Everyone,
    Hunter is my 14 week old son. He had been breastfeeding great up until last week. He is starting to fuss when I go to feed him. He was 7lbs 2oz when he was born and now weighs at least 14lbs 11oz. He had been feeding every 2 1/2 hours now I am lucky if he feeds every 4-5 hours and for only 10 mins. he also only tends to feed on one side. he has lots of wet diapers and 1 or 2 bowel movements every 3-4 days. he also sleeps 5-6 hours at night without waking. I am worried about not feeding him enough or my milk supply getting low. Any advice or reading material that would help comfort my worries would be much help!!!

Default Re: Fussing at breast

the womanly art of breastfeeding's a great book
    this web sites great too....
    babies fuss for all kinds of reasons, sometimes moms never figure out why.

http://www.lalecheleague.org/NB/NBearlyweeks.html

heres a great web site also with lost of great info
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/index.html

Could be the start of teething- some bbs experience pain during nursing. Seeing any gumming/drooling/ biting behavior?

A lactation consultant I talked to said that eventually a woman's breasts get very good at making milk, and that in the time it used to take for a woman to pump 1-2 oz, later on they can pump 6 or more (or baby can drink that much).

Based off the sites I've visited, and the faq here about if your baby is eating enough, if he seems content after eating, your breasts seem softer, and the diaper count is good, I'd say everything is ok.