Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pain between feedings

Question Pain between feedings

I have pins and needle pain in my nipples between feedings...is this normal? I really don't get engorged.

Default Re: Pain between feedings

Is the pain in your nipples or in your breasts? When your baby comes off the breast, how does your nipple look? Are your nipples sore? How old is your baby?

Quote Originally Posted by LLL_Jolie View Post
    Is the pain in your nipples or in your breasts? When your baby comes off the breast, how does your nipple look? Are your nipples sore? How old is your baby?
    The pain is in my nipples. My nipples are reddish when she comes off and they look a liitle pulled out and flat. My right nipple is sore/tender, but both get the sensation between feedings. She is four weeks old and I mainly use a nipple shield but have been trying to get her on my nipples lately.

Anne- Mom to two active boys: Henry 10/06 and Jamie 4/09

Looking for an LLL leader in your area? click:
    http://www.llli.org/webindex.html

confused about abbreviations? check this out:
    http://forums.llli.org/showthread.php?t=807

sounds like thrush. i'm treating thrush for the second time now. try to start treatment soon so that it doesn't get worse. if it is thrush, you could eventually start having shooting and/or burning pain in your breast, which is no fun. call your doc...they can give you a prescription.

My pain is not all the time and I don't see any real symptoms with the baby. Does that mean I can still have it? Also, I was on antibotics IV in the hospital for 3 days.

I have a ped. appt tonight for the baby will they look at my breast there?

Thanks.

My pain is not all the time. My son also has no sign of it. He actually had a doc appt this morning and he confirmed that he does not have thrush. If you do have thrush, it's probably because you were on the antibiotic. I was also on antibiotics. I don't know if the ped will look at your nipples or not. I would guess you would have to see your own doc. Thrush isn't much fun and I'm sure you are thinking "I don't want to do this anymore". It does seem like we go through soooo much just to feed our babies...especially when you can just buy food. Once my first experience with yeast was over, I was glad and proud that I had stuck through it. Now that it's back, I'm not thrilled, but I at least know that it will eventually go away. I hope that you start to feel better soon. feel free to private message me if you want to talk more about it. I hope that all of this info helps. It goes so much better when you feel supported and understood.