Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am just so happy right now!

Default Re: I am just so happy right now!

Thank you all. I've actually just been giving him the breast and not the bottle at all and he seems very content and goes back to sleep just fine. Although I let him have a bottle when my mom was here so I can take a shower in peace.

Sounds great! Keep a close eye on his diaper output to make sure he's getting enough! Most likely he is, but whenever we transition from one feeding method to another, it's a good idea to keep a close eye on it for a few days!
    http://www.lalecheleague.com/FAQ/enough.html

Hugs
    Jen
    "Mothers are designed to be available to their babies--to help them make the transition into this big, wide world. To teach them to trust, and love, and feel good about being alive."
    --Elizabeth N. Baldwin, Esq., So I Nursed Him Every 45 Minutes

Click here to find your local LLL Group
    How to tell if your breastfed baby is getting enough milk!

Quote Originally Posted by tatiana84 View Post
    Its never too late, my baby will be eight weeks on thursday, and she just got the hang of it on her six weeks. I was feeding her through a bottle and now she does not want bottles!!!!!! It is never too late and I am a perfect example. My pediatrician keept telling me that I should not give up because we are both learning and she was right. In the beginning I thought my baby just did not like me or my breast because the nipple was nearly flat, but I just needed to be patient. I am so happy now
    So, did you do anything to try to change that they're flat, or did she just finally take to it despite them not protruding much? I'm very curious since I'm kind of in the same boat, nipple wise, and any hope she might eventually latch without an aide would be wonderful.

Congratulations!

Mrs Peck: I moved your question to it's own thread and transferred it to the Relactation board!
    Hugs
    Jen
    "Mothers are designed to be available to their babies--to help them make the transition into this big, wide world. To teach them to trust, and love, and feel good about being alive."
    --Elizabeth N. Baldwin, Esq., So I Nursed Him Every 45 Minutes

Click here to find your local LLL Group
    How to tell if your breastfed baby is getting enough milk!