Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am just so happy right now!

Default I am just so happy right now!

Well I kinda figured that my LO might have nipple confusion since he has been drinking my BM from a bottle since he was 4 or 5 days old I forget now. But I've gotten support and encourgment just from reading other threads on here saying it's never too late to try. And I gave my LO his usual 3 oz feeding and then I tried nursing him and he latched on just fine once I got my nipple hard, and sucked on it for a few minutes. So now I'm gonna try harder to breast feed him cause I was kinda feeling disappointed in myself... and now he's crying so I'm gonna get off the computer and go snuggle with him cause I'm so happy right now!! YAY! So don't give up out there ladies, it's never too late!

Default Re: I am just so happy right now!

Way to stick with it! You'll be so glad you persisted, it only gets better with time!
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

well done

congrats! keep it up!

Way to go!

next feeding try putting him on your breast first before offering the bottle.

Gabe and Jacob's Nanay

Gabe born on September 07, 2004

Jacob born on May 29, 2007

Awesome and thanks for posting your success story. It's great for others to read and feel they too can do it. Great job sticking with it Mama.

YAY for YOU! I'm happy for you too! I know how confusing everything can be since there seem to be no hard and fast rules since all our lo are different. I am nursing #7 and I STILL worry. Your story helps even me!

Its never too late, my baby will be eight weeks on thursday, and she just got the hang of it on her six weeks. I was feeding her through a bottle and now she does not want bottles!!!!!! It is never too late and I am a perfect example. My pediatrician keept telling me that I should not give up because we are both learning and she was right. In the beginning I thought my baby just did not like me or my breast because the nipple was nearly flat, but I just needed to be patient. I am so happy now

Good for you! Keep up the great work!
    Katie
    Just one more fanatical cloth diaper convert...
    Mom to Morgan (01/10/04) and Zachary (07/12/06)
    What are M & Z up to now?

congratulations