Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avent Isis Manual Pump

Lightbulb Avent Isis Manual Pump

Have any of you ever had one of these? I registered for one as a part of the Avent On The Go travel kit. At first, I absolutely HATED this thing. It wouldn't hold suction, and I couldn't get anything from it. I wound up renting a dual electric pump from the hospital.

Then, a suggestion from one of my online forums gave me the hint I needed: scrap the little rubber comfort cushion in the horn. Once I did that, voila, it worked like a charm, and I have found that I can pump more with my manual than the electric gets, it just takes a little bit longer. If you've got one of these, and have problems with it, try removing the cushion. It works like a charm!

Wink Re: Avent Isis Manual Pump

I completely agree, i had a few dramas to begin with too, but without the insert, it is a lifesaver!

Default Re: Avent Isis Manual Pump

I completely agree! I used the Avent Isis pump for both of my kids, and I didn't realize that it worked better w/o the insert until my 2nd!

My old Isis worked great with the insert but now that i got a new one (i think it's a new design) i have a hard time getting a good latch on..i mean i can pump well, just pumped 5oz out of both breasts, but i'll give it a shot without the insert to see if it works better

I got a pump in style from freecycle and that pump is awesome!

well i wish i knew this like 4 months ago. one night i got up to feed and was completely engorged on both sides, i was so tired so instead of hooking up the electric i whipped out my avent isis (THAT I COMPLETELY HATED for the same reason you did) and i go to pump just a tiny bit to let down so i could go back to sleep...and woudn't you kow it cracks right in half! the pump cracked right at the twist that hooks onto the bottle...it wasn't even worth getting a new one at the time. i now use the medela pump in style. i agree it is awesome!
    ~~ Valarie ~~
    wife to matt
    mommy to
    ricky 2.9.03, christian 6.28.05, baby olive due JAN 2008

I have and use the Advent Isis on a daily basis. I usually don't have any trouble, but I do have one complaint. It is hard to clean! I sterilize it every night and I rinse it with hot water after every use, but it still seems to "dirty" The plastic is getting cloudy after 3 months of use. Any suggestions?

I think that's just going to happen..it happens to mine too

It's probably the nightly sterilization that's doing it. That's really just not necessary. Washing with soap and water is more than enough, especially if you do it every time.

I have an Advent Isis pump as well, I'm going to take your idea to thought next time I'm using it. I found that just hand expressing I would get enough expressed breastmilk. Sometimes up to 6 even 7 oz at a time if I felt engorged. But I'm definately going to give that a thought, would be alot easier. Thanks

Question Re: Avent Isis Manual Pump

THat's really weird.....I absolutely love my Avent pump. In fact, I just ordered the AVent IQ (the new double electric) because I really love the cushion thing and the idea of the "IQ" sounded good to me....SOmetimes, I do have trouble getting a good latch but it's usually because the cushion thing isn't pushed in all the way.