Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sleep crying

Default Re: Sleep crying

It's normal. I believe he's in REM (Rapid Eye Movement) Sleep. My DS screams or giggles. He will also move around a lot (arms flinging around, and his entire body will move too)... A couple of time I checked on DS, his eyes opened stared at me for a second then he closed his eyes and went back to sleep.

My LO does this too. I feel so sad for her because I think...she's so little what could she possibly be dreaming about that makes her cry? Shots?
    My other kids did it too, but it still bumms me out. Take care!

My 10 week old has almost always done it...I think sometimes it's gas and sometimes I have no clue...maybe a dream.

My daughter did that once when I was feeding her. She was all sleepy-eyed and contently nursing, then all of a sudden she screamed like she was in intense pain. I took her off and sat her up, worried she might be choking or something, and as soon as I got her upright, she stopped and just looked at me with her beautiful little eyes like "What?".

I ended up asking my mom about it because I was worried. She said it could be anything. Maybe something fell asleep or she pinched a nerve or something. She told me that if she stopped as quickly as she did, then it's likely nothing to worry about. Now, if he/she continues to scream, then you should worry.

My girl does this too. In The No-Cry Sleep Solution, Elizabeth Pantley says this is normal. I wouldn't worry about it. (For my girl it's often gas. I know this because the cry is usually accompanied by the distinct sound of her passing gas!)