Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sleep crying

Default Sleep crying

He screams in his sleep like something horribly painful has just happened then just like that, hes done. Is this normal?

Default Re: Sleep crying

My daughter has been doing the samething lately. How old is your LO? I just comfort her when she screams out in her sleep, she is 4 months and 3 weeks old.

little over a month and a week.....

My lo does that, too. Off and on. It doesn't usually wake her up, but sometimes it does. It seems to happen more frequently when she is learning a new skill- when she started sitting up and when she started crawling, for example. Also sometimes she doe sit if she has gas or something. I don't think it is anything to be concerned about as long as you've checked that he isn't being pinched by clothing or the crib (or whatever) and all that.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

My son does this on occasion as well..he is almost 5 months and still does it. It does sound painful doesnt it?? Most of the time he is still sleeping but he does wake up once in a while. I assume it is normal, so I have never worried about it!

I'm Heather, SAHM to Cooper , born 1/2007
    and Bennett, our precious NICU grad born 8/2009
    and wife to Bill since 10/2003!
    We're young, but we know we can do it!
    Life with the Stevens-blog

I'm an Ergo Baby Carrier affiliate!

cool cool. he sleep laughs too so who knows..Im glad its normal though. I was beginning to think he was having hunger pains or something....

(Dont ask. Someone told me that if he wont get enough to eat he'll fall asleep nursing from being tired, from the effort of nursing.,Then he'll be starving)

I still think Babies dream - and when Gabe did it the other day, not only did it scare the beejeesus outta me... I think it was just a nightmare - he immediatly settled down when I rubbed his head.

I think they do too

Evan does it too, I have never jumped out of bed so fast in my life than the first time he did that...I don't even think I was awake till I was standing over his bassinet
    Mama to Evan Born February 1st 2007 Breastfeeding for a year...thinking of weaning
    Wife to my Best Friend KR

My DS has done that on occasion and it usually doesnt wake him, I think its dreams.
    Danielle

Mom to Gage 12/28/06

Wife to Trinity 6/21/03 my best friend

ed for year, finally done!!!!
    for more than a year now!