Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Too Much Food? Not Enough Milk?

Default Too Much Food? Not Enough Milk?

My son is 9 months old and eats three meals a day. He eats a LOT! A sample meal: whole large bannana, 1/2 cup applesauce w/ cereal, and then a vegg or another fruit approx 1/4 cup. I do not feed him juice in a cup only water. I am signing with him and he indicates in is own way more or all done and he fusses when he is done. He can just eat and eat and eat. Am I feeding my son so much reducing my milk supply? He BF at 7AM, 10AM, 2PM, 5PM, and 7PM.
    On another note; I am getting very worried about my BF releationship with my son, he doesn't seem too interested any more during the daytime nursings. And if he doesn't nurse for at least 5 mins my milk will not letdown? Therefore I worry that the mid day nursings he isn't getting anything.
    Please help me with your thoughts and advice.
    Thank you!
    M. Vath

Default Re: Too Much Food? Not Enough Milk?

sorry folks that I did not read the post prior to my, but still any advice?
    I am afraid to slow down on the soilds now because we have been feeding him like this for 2 months now? should I bit the bullet and slow down and just nurse a lot and get my milk supply back up?
    Help!
    I do nurse on demand but DS seems to have a schedule (as I layed out in earlier email)

Default Re: Too Much Food? Not Enough Milk?

I am in almost the exact same position. My boy is a little over 9 mos old, and eats 3 meals per day, and almost annot be bothered with nursing during the day. I can usually sneak it in when he is starting to nap,, I think he is just to "busy" he is crawling like mad and walking around furniture.
    Unfortunatley I don't know what the answer is ,, I was giving him water with his meals, but I think now he will just get ESB in his sippy cup (never loved a bottle).
    I am a little concerned myself because he has gone from the 50th percentile for his weight at 4 mos,, to the 25th at 6 and 9 mos. I worry he is not getting enough calories. I don't give him juice,, I don't see a purpose to it.
    maybe someone else will have some glowing words of wisdom, but at least you are not alone!