Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 25 weeks pregnant...boobs hurts!!

Question 25 weeks pregnant...boobs hurts!!

I never know where to post some odd ?'s..haha. But hopefully this is the right place. I am 25 weeks pregnant. I found out I was pregnant w/ my 2nd about 6 weeks ago...up utnil than I was bfing my 1 year old. Well on one of my breasts I started developing what kind of looked like a pimple, or bug bite...just a red bump realy..and it kidn of hurts when i push on it. Well, this morning I woke up and my breast hurts! I have like a lump..kind of feels like when you first get your milk in..and you press on it and it hurts! My husband freaked out and told me I should call the dr. I did, and the nurse said it's normal. My husband is still scared that I have breast cancer or something!! And of course now I"m freaked out! I don't remember this happened w/ my DD. Has anyone else ever had something like this? I mean its pretty tender. Don't know if I should just go to the dr. or listen to the nurse and figure that its just normal???

Its only on the one breast too...THANKS! I hope someone had some answers!

Default Re: 25 weeks pregnant...boobs hurts!!

could be just a skin deal.
    if its not beter in a day or two maybe a trip to the doctors would be wise.
    does it feal like its just on your skin? or deaper?

Well when i was in the shower, i got puss out of the "pimple" like thing. But the other part...its like when you get your milk in..and your boobs are full! Thats how the one breast feels...like there is a milk lump! I just didn't know if this was normal during pregnancy?? Like I said I just stopped nursing cold turkey 6 weeks ago. Its really sore....

maybe they are unrealted..
    Do you have a fever?
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mom/mastitis.html
    heres a page on mastitis and when to see the doctor.

how often was your one year old nursing?
    Cold turkey isn't a great way to wean.

Hi there!

This is a perfect place for you to post your question! It sounds like you may have 2 issues going on:

The bump on your areola is called a Montgomery Gland. Their job is to lubricate and clean the breast tissue. Occasionally they can get a little blocked and you get some pus out of them like a pimple. You may find that it will clear up now that you've removed the clog.

Secondly, it sounds like you may have a clogged duct in your breast. Here is an article that gives some ideas on how to deal with it:
    http://www.lalecheleague.com/FAQ/mastitis.html
    Since you aren't nursing anymore, you might need to do some hand expression or even use a pump to clear it out. Start with moist heat, like a warm bath or shower and see if you can express anything. If you start to have flu-like symptoms (especially fever), then you need to talk to your doctor.

Hope that helps!
    Jen
    "Mothers are designed to be available to their babies--to help them make the transition into this big, wide world. To teach them to trust, and love, and feel good about being alive."
    --Elizabeth N. Baldwin, Esq., So I Nursed Him Every 45 Minutes

Click here to find your local LLL Group
    How to tell if your breastfed baby is getting enough milk!

I didn't WANT to quit cold turkey...but I had developed some really really bad sores on my breasts...it hurt really bad when my DD nursed. So my Dr. told me I should probably stop. And than I found out I was pregnant and 5 months along.

How do you get a clogged milk duct when you aren't nursing? Just seems weird? Or is it because I already nursed that my milk is coming in early w/ this pregnancy??

slightly off your topic because I don't know much about what you're describing...but I just had to comment. How nice for you that you didn't even realize you were pregnant until 19 weeks!!! :-) And congrats on the pregnancy!!!

Trista
    Your breasts have probably started producing colostrum again. It's unusual to get a clogged duct during this time, but it's not unheard of either.

How is it doing today?

Jen
    "Mothers are designed to be available to their babies--to help them make the transition into this big, wide world. To teach them to trust, and love, and feel good about being alive."

Today it feels MUCh better...doesn't hurt when I touch it anymore! Thanks for all your help!! Seemed like after I got all the puss out of that "pimple" thing...that was better and now today the lump and tenderness is better! I just want my boobs to heal so I can breastfeed the little one due in September!

Glad it's starting to heal! Let us know if you need any more help

Hugs
    Jen