Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: New Avent IQ pump?

Default New Avent IQ pump?

Was wondering if anyone had used or heard anything about the new avent pump, the Isis IQ Duo. I saw it on a magazine the other day. I have been using the PISA from Medela for 9 months now but just curious about the new one.

Default Re: New Avent IQ pump?

I could not get letdown from it. Just for curiousity sake, I started letdown with my PIS then switched to my Avent IQ and the output was identical to what I get when I use the PIS.

Default Re: New Avent IQ pump?

I have the AVent IQ pump and I love it!! I was using the Medela PIS before and it was to the point where I was only getting 8 ounces a day and rapidly going through my freezer supply.
    So, I decided to switch to the new Avent IQ because I had used the manual Avent pump before and loved it. The very first day, I got 18 ounces and it has been absolutely wonderful since then. I built up my frozen supply again and feel very confident using the pump.

Smile Re: New Avent IQ pump?

I am an OBGYN resident (my first baby is 11 weeks old now old now-- I went back to work when she was 7 weeks) and I work 12 hour days and I pump with the IQ duo. I get a minimum of 6 ounces at each pumping session, and that's in like 15 minutes. (I don't have time to wait for let down #2 unfortunately...). The nice thing about it too, is that you can use it as a manual if you don't have electrical access. I was at a conference this past Thursday and had to use it manually and I figured I'd probably only get 4 oz total, and I got EIGHT OUNCES!!! I really think the massage cushion is the magic with this pump. For those who have issues with the seal with the cushion, using it a little wet has made the seal tight for me. God Bless you and Good luck, and congratulations on making the best choice for your baby!!

P.S. Nice things about the IQ-- infinite possiblity of cycles and pressure, it's all controlled by YOU!! And, milk never touches the tubing, so you could in good concience buy this item used and just purchase new horns and valves....