Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Take my Baby PLEASE!!!

Default Re: Take my Baby PLEASE!!!

Just wanted to say hang in there- it will get better. And I agree that putting him somewhere safe you so can shower is a good idea, even if he cries... it will make you a better momma the rest of the day! Do you use a sling so he can be close to you during the day while you also can get a few things done- if you want to be getting other things done of course. My son wasn't quite as high-needs as yours, but he definitely likes being outside and if my husband puts him in the bjorn and walks around he'll be happy for hours.

Anne- Mom to two active boys: Henry 10/06 and Jamie 4/09

Looking for an LLL leader in your area? click:
    http://www.llli.org/webindex.html

confused about abbreviations? check this out:
    http://forums.llli.org/showthread.php?t=807

I could have written this myself. I say this while my little velcro baby is nursing away We nurse every hour during the day and my LO never naps for more than 30 mins. He startles awake so easily too. I understand your feelings completely and it definitely can be overwhelming at times and I am not new to this...this is son number 3 I am the last one to take a break too so trust me when I stress the importance of it because it is so easy to get burned out in the beginnig. I am thrilled to hear all of the support you have received here since it makes me feel better too. It's tough being supermommy I hope it gets better for you as time proceeds.

my first son was the same way. i could not put him down even to go to the bathroom. it was soooo stressful. finally around 3 months i couldn't take it anymore so i sat him down and let him cry. ex: in his bouncer so i could shower, or in his bed for a nap. He cried and cried hard. this may sound awful but it only took three days and he was broke from having to be held all the time. the only thing that got me through those days of crying is , even when he cried himself to sleep when he woke he didn't even remember he still got a big smile on his face when he saw me. that showed me that i was not hurting him and in turn i was a better mother cuz i wasn't all stressed. hope this helps

Have you tried using a sling or a wrap?. That won't help with taking a shower, but it will at least free your arms up to get other things done during the day, and your baby can nurse while in it, though there is a learning curve to it. I haven't figured out how to do it yet.

Sounds exactly like my daughter to a T.

There actually are slings that can be used in the water.... I wonder if the OP mama has tried a bath. Some babies love the water... and if mama gets in there too - she manages to take care of 2 things at once
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Hang in there!

I brought the swing into the bathroom with me. The sound of the water running actually puts mine to sleep. Maybe something else you could try.

I also have a "high needs" baby who pacifies on me... I know it's rough--hang in there!

Another LLL poster gave me a FABULOUS tip recently... When baby falls asleep, press your pointer finger lightly on their chin as you gently pull your nipple out. It takes a while to get the hang of this technique, but it does usually work with my baby. For some reason, the pressure makes them think the boob is still in their mouth.

And I agree with everyone--you have to have some "me" time. I put baby in a bouncy seat in front of the shower and then sang "I Love a Rainy Night"--only I changed the words to "I Love it When I Shower"--over & over & over while I showered. The silly song kept me from going bonkers. She cried for the first couple days we did this, and then she got used to it. I would peek out of the shower lots of times to show her I was still there, and talked to her a lot. I also gave her a toy she would ONLY get when she was in the bouncy seat. Now, 8 months later, she is always calm and happy to be in her chair while I get ready in the mornings.

It WILL get better!!!
    for 1-1/2 years...and still going!