Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Possibility for a growth spurt at 5 mo.???

NW OH

Default Possibility for a growth spurt at 5 mo.???

Okay..I have been lurking through some past threads and I am not able to find something that helps, so I am posting hoping to get some advice from the more experienced mommas!
    My son is 3 days shy of being 5 months old. The last few days he has been eating every 1-2 hours and waking up every 1-2 hours to nurse at night. He usually goes 2-3 during the day and 2-4 during the night...
    This new pattern seems similar to when he went through a growth spurt but has anyone had a child do this at 5 months? I heard there is a spurt around 6 months but really dont have a clue if this is it.
    As far as milestones go, the only thing that has happened in the last few weeks is 2 teeth (but we've seem to have dealt with that or so I thought!) and he is rolling over more and playing with his feet. to me they dont seem to be big enough of milestones to the point that the would affect his sleeping/nursing routine...So any advice? is this a growth spurt? TIA!!

I'm Heather, SAHM to Cooper , born 1/2007
    and Bennett, our precious NICU grad born 8/2009
    and wife to Bill since 10/2003!
    We're young, but we know we can do it!
    Life with the Stevens-blog

I'm an Ergo Baby Carrier affiliate!

Default Re: Possibility for a growth spurt at 5 mo.???

My son had been through the same thing when he was 5 months old, I though my supply went down and started giving him cereal in the evenings at the time but now that I think it was probably an early growth spurt because he didn't have one at 6 months.

I just went with the theory that they have growth spurts every 4 weeks or so....that's how it seemed to be to me anyway.

Will had a major g/s at 5 mo, it was insane!