Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Energy decreasing

Red face Energy decreasing

Hello everyone......I'm having a issue with my energy level and breastfeeding. My LO is 5 months and eats ALOT. I literally feel like she is draining the life out of me. I snack and eat constantly, drink tons of water the whole bit. LAtely I feel dizzy and lifeless. Is this normal? I don't go to the gym, or do anything strenuous. Any suggestions?

Default Re: Energy decreasing

are u still taking ur prenatal vit?

I felt that way around 5 months, too. DS was about 21 lbs at the time and it took a lot of calories to keep him going. It helped me some to make sure I got a good sized, healthy lunch and dinner plus all the snacks. What you describe about feeling dizzy and lifeless, though, is more extreme than what I experienced. You might what to talk to your dr and make sure something like low iron isn't going on.

You should definitely check in with your healthcare provider if you think it could be something worth checking out.

I often feel similarly and I attribute it to what I eat in a day. Basically, the more fruits and veggies I eat, the better I feel. The more cooked things and simple carbs I eat, the worse I feel. An iron supplement also helps me.

I have felt like that - a lot. Still now, after 8 months of BF. As the PP, I do feel much better with more fruits and vegetables, and less carb. I have pretty much entirely eliminated bread and pasta. And I am trying very hard not to forget my vitamins.

I find that when I forget my iron pills - I feel very lightheaded and lethargic.

I have always been borderline anemic but once I got pregnant I became severely so. Even now I am still anemic but getting better. Tho if you start taking iron - up that fiber intake! or have a handful of dried prunes every day.

I remember with my first child I told the doctor "It feels like she is sucking the life and engergy out of me". With child #2, I feel the same way too. I have also felt dizzy and out of it. I had my blood checked, everything fine, the only thing I can think of is that I need to be a better eater (I don't think I am horrible, but I could stand to be better) and that part of it is hormones being out of whack. I just wanted to let you konw that you are not alone.