Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: difficult day

Default Re: difficult day

Thank you guys so much for your replies. He's finally drifted off to sleep now. I think I'm getting more frustrated than is necessary because I've always been one of those scheduled people. Its so hard for me now not knowing how much, if anything at all, I'll be able to do in a day!

i had trouble with my lo to. and i just had to think: nursing is just not for nourishment but also for comfort,love,warmth and we all know babies need that...kellymom.com is a GREAT site just type in the search area comfort sucking and it gives all kinds of advice.....it will help its helped me answer alot of my concerns.....

When DS was that age I remember having a tough time, too. I thought I should be getting the hang of things, but I didn't feel like I was. If you had been doing any other very complicated job for 9 weeks you probably wouldn't expect to be completely proficient, right? It does get better. Eventually you will feel more comfortable with the whole mothering thing. Going to LLL meetings has really helped me with that. Remember, even if you don't know what is going on, you can still respond to your lo's needs by offering the breast and comfort in your arms. This too shall pass...