Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: What to do

Default What to do

I may be worrying about this too far ahead, but what can I say, I'm a worrier ;-) ! In July there will be a three week period of time where it will be very difficult for me to pump. DD will be about 11.5 months when this happens, so I was wondering if I can start to drop some nursing sessions a few weeks before this so that I will be okay if I can only pump once or twice a day (or not at all) without being too uncomfortable (and also so that she will not need the milk that I would normally pump). She eats her solids really well, and normally right now nurses about 5 times per day when I am not working, when I am she gets 2-3 four oz bottles per day at daycare (lately she hasn't always wanted the 3rd). I was hoping that I could get her down to 3-4 sessions per day by then, with the eventual goal of just nursing morning and night once she is 12 months.
    BTW I only work 3 days/week.

Default Re: What to do

If you know you won't be able to pump as much, and you have other stuff to feed your baby, you can definitely start dropping pumping session(s) a few weeks before, so that you're not engorged during that time.

On the days that yo're together, you can still nurse on demand, or not, as you and her wish.
    Shannon
    LLL Leader

Protect your privacy online; don't use your full name. Click My Alias at the top left corner.

I'm horrible at html and encoding links, so I apologize in advance for all the long links!