Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 2 month old SLEEPS THROUGHT THE NIGHT???

Question My 2 month old SLEEPS THROUGHT THE NIGHT???

My daughter is 2 months old and would sleep through the night if I let her (6 hours), but my I'm not sure if I should because I don't want to hinder my milk production. The doctor said her weight is fine and not to wake her up and that my body will adjust...is that true?? I AM SO CONFUSED!!!

Default Re: My 2 month old SLEEPS THROUGHT THE NIGHT???

Your body will adjust, and at 8 weeks your milk supply ought to be nice and established. Your doing just great!

That's around the time my ddstarted doing longer periods at night, enjoy it!

I am jealous!!!! You body will do what it needs to to keep up. If you are worried, you can always pump while dd is sleeping
    Danielle

Mom to Gage 12/28/06

Wife to Trinity 6/21/03 my best friend

ed for year, finally done!!!!
    for more than a year now!

Didn't anyone ever tell you not to wake a sleeping baby! My dd sleep well too. Don't worry about your milk. Your body will adjust. So enjoy your sleep now becasue come teething you will be up at night again.

Yea for you!! My brother and his wife had a baby 2 weeks before we had ours and their LO did the same thing. I wish my LO would sometimes! You should be fine (and well rested )!
    Samantha: born 3 1/2 weeks early on Sept 2006 6lbs 4 oz 18 inches long with situs inversus totalis. Now a strong healthy little girl that wants to be a NICU doctor, loves her little sister and breastfeeds her dolls!
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 2,200 oz
    Alexandra: born 3 weeks early on July 2010 7lbs 8 oz 19.5 inches long.
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 1,200

For information on becoming a Breastmilk Donor http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk

I hate you
    karin who is very sleep deprived at the moment
    karin

wife to the best guy... anthony
    BF~PTCD'ing~ co-sleeping~ babywearing~organic eating mom to adorable anneliese 9/27/06 and sweet little melania 12/22/07
    and mom to my first love.... 3 fur babies

Have to agree with lindavall - Never wake a sleeping baby.

and with the others, your body will adjust naturally. Enjoy this longer sleep period, and know in your heart that your milk production will keep up.

We had the same situation, and I did pump at the start, to store for when I returned to work. Do it if you need to, or if you get engorged, but don't feel you have to.

Good luck!

As long as she's going to the breast at least 8-12 times a day and having plenty of wet and dirty diapers, it's fine to let her sleep

HTH
    Jen
    "Mothers are designed to be available to their babies--to help them make the transition into this big, wide world. To teach them to trust, and love, and feel good about being alive."
    --Elizabeth N. Baldwin, Esq., So I Nursed Him Every 45 Minutes

Click here to find your local LLL Group
    How to tell if your breastfed baby is getting enough milk!

Thumbs up Re: My 2 month old SLEEPS THROUGHT THE NIGHT???

Thanks for everyones input I really appreciate it. I slept through the night last night and my breasts were very engorged in the morning, but I fed her on one and then pumped right afterward and they felt fine. It's 12:25 am and she went to bed about 15 minutes ago, so hopefuly that's it for the night, we'll see...