Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What was/is your favorite breastfeeding moment!?

Default What was/is your favorite breastfeeding moment!?

Hi Everyone!

As a little get to know each other thread --- let's post our favorite things about BFing.

The moment that I will never forget it when DD realized who was feeding her! She was about two months old. She was happily nursing when all of a sudden, she pulled off, looked up and was like "Hey! That is my Mom." She smiled at me latched back on then pulled of again and did the same thing. My heart melted right then and there and I told DH that I was going to nurse her until she went away to college!

So come on cough up your fun experiences!

Default Re: What was/is your favorite breastfeeding moment!?

Aww, fun thread!

With my first, my favorite thing was that he would just gently play with my hair while nursing. I kept my hair long for quite a while for just that reason!

My current nursling "sings" while she's nursing--just kind of makes a sweet noise, but it's so cute!

And with both, I've come away at times with a perfect little ear imprint on my forearm, LOL!
    Jen

The first time I got to nurse her, definitely. She was in the NICU and I had to wait till she was 11 days old to nurse her. I had only nursed my first briefly (lots of problems from nipple confusion and I was just ignorant) and have always regretted it, so it was very important to me. Especially after she was born and landed in the NICU after having a stroke, I was even more determined. 11 days of exclusive pumping was worth it, she latched beautifully and nursed like a champ from the get go. And we started at night, when the NICU was dim and (relatively!) quiet, so it was a very sweet moment (it still makes me cry!)

I love it when she curls her toes and rubs her feet together, and I love it when she lays her hand on my heart while she nurses

i have to add 2.

1 is general....it's that we are making it so long so well. that there haven't been any problems that we haven't been able to overcome.

my second is when he does this hungry gremlin thing LOL
    he will be sucking and then look around and then all of a sudden just latches real quick and makes a cute grrr noise...LOL like he is playing with his toys or something. and if daddy makes him laugh then he nuzzles himself back onto sucking like as if he is hiding!
    ~~ Valarie ~~
    wife to matt
    mommy to
    ricky 2.9.03, christian 6.28.05, baby olive due JAN 2008

My favorite moment was that first wide-eyed smile around my breast, when she looked up at me with those big, beautiful eyes, and grinned at me while still nursing. I adore that feeling!

I'd have to say it was when my DD and DS would start giggling when they were just a few months old, like they told themselves a joke! I have to agree, too, that when they look up and smile, that is such a special bonding moment between mother and child.

GREAT stories!

When my daughter was a few months old, she started pulling away during let-downs. My mother-in-law was standing in front of me while I was nursing. The baby pulled away, and I squirted my MIL. It wasn't a fun moment at the time, but looking back, it was funny. Luckily, she bf all 5 of her children, so she wasn't upset.

Quote Originally Posted by jmjmom
    When my daughter was a few months old, she started pulling away during let-downs. My mother-in-law was standing in front of me while I was nursing. The baby pulled away, and I squirted my MIL. It wasn't a fun moment at the time, but looking back, it was funny. Luckily, she bf all 5 of her children, so she wasn't upset.
    I have to say that is too funny!

My favorite thing would just be the way he looks up at me or pulls off and smiles a wonderful milky smile.

Red face Re: What was/is your favorite breastfeeding moment!?

awwww! YOu all make me tear up. When my son was two weeks old, my Mom (a former LLL Leader) came to visit. The first time she saw me nurse him was a definate favorite moment. He latched on and when my milk let down he gulped it hungerly making noises. I looked at my mom and we just shared this knowing smile. A three generation breastfeeding bond! Not only has BF helped me bond with my son, but it has strengthened the bond I have with my own mother.

My other favorite moments are when he nurses in the bath with me. It's the closest he ever gets to being back in the womb and whenever he goes in to latch on he gets the most adorable smile on his face. Why would anyone ever not bf?