Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What was/is your favorite breastfeeding moment!?

Default Re: What was/is your favorite breastfeeding moment!?

When my first was hungry she would start thrusting her tongue like she was messaging the milk out.

And second has a look on her face like she eating an ice cream cone when she goes to latch on.

I have shared so many of these favorite moments. . . I especially love the panting right before he latches on.

My favorite moment is bittersweet. My ds was hospitalized at 7 weeks old with a (still) mysterious virus. He had liver failure, a pulmonary embolism, high blood pressure, you name it and was in the hospital for almost 3 weeks. He was on a ventilator for a week and during that time he could not nurse. Aside from the very real concern that he might not make it, I was scared that if he did make it, he would not latch on again. The day they took him off the ventilator, they told me I could try nursing, but warned me that he might have a hard time. Boy were they wrong. He latched on immediately. I still remember the tears falling from my eyes. I never thought that I would have that feeling again. I knew that if we could make it out of that hospital still bf'ing, we were in it for good. And, here we are, 8 months and counting.

My favorite moment is when I was in the bath with her. She hadn't latched on in about 3 weeks (we had may obstacles) and I guess she was so comfortable in the warm water she just latched right on. My husband walked in and had a look of how did you get her to latch. It was the most precious moment ever. The look on my husbands face was priceless (he was in ahh). She nursed and fell asleep in the tub. We have been nursing without a problem since.