Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What was/is your favorite breastfeeding moment!?

Default Re: What was/is your favorite breastfeeding moment!?

Those are great!!

My favorite so far is when Elias looks up at me and smiles while still nursing and i see his little tongue still moving while he's smiling..i think it's the cutest thing!!

Definitely the smiles are the best, especially after I've been at work all day. The ear prints on the arm are also the sweetest thing.

My favorite story is a few weeks ago when my almost 8 MO was sitting on the sofa between DH and me. She wasn't hungry but was in a playful mood. She was going up to my chest and rooting while making a growling sort of noise, then flinging herself toward my husband and doing the same thing. Back and forth, she did that for about 5 minutes. My husband & I were in tears laughing so hard!

Another favorite was the time when she was only a few weeks old and my husband put her up on his shoulder to burp her. Instead she latched onto his earlobe and started sucking away. The funniest part was the yelp he let out!

My favorite moment-- my son sometimes has a sleepy milky smile when he's done feeding...such a sweet beautiful thing! His little lips curl up at the corners as he releases my breast and falls asleep... sigh!

What I wouldn't give to remain a nursing mom forever!

My favorite nursing memory concerns my first daughter. I had to fight *hard* against all sorts of obstacles (hospital neegligence, pushy in-laws) to nurse her, and I won. I will never forget how proud I felt to have fought that uphill battle and triumphed.

My other favorite nursing memory is of my first daughter coming to see me after I had been away from her for a couple of hours for the first time. She toddled over to me and said, "Oh, Mommy!" Then she got in my lap and had a good nursing, after which she looked up at me and said, very satisfied, "oh, mook!" We are going through a very rough patch in our relationship now, so I am glad I have that time to look back on.

What sweet moments to share! My Mom was a La Leche League-er with me and she told me her favorite moment was when I couldn't resist smiling at her while nursing and the milk would dribble out of the corner of my mouth. The first time my son did this for me, I understood what she meant! I also love the moments when I catch my husband looking adoringly at the two of us when ds is nursing - it's as if he is awed and amazed that I can nourish and sustain the life of our precious baby boy. I have to agree, we Moms are pretty amazing and awe-inspiring!!

I love when right before she latches on she makes these little noises like aah and aow. And she makes this little panting noise. She waves her arms and kicks her legs in excitement. And shows a big grin.

I love how she shows me she wants to bf. Now at 3 months old, she moves her arm up and down and pats my chest with her little hand.

These all make me cry!!

With my first she was about a week old when my husband stayed in bed with her while I took a shower. When I got out my husband was laughing hysterically. He is VERY ticklish and she had latched on and was going to town on him. Well he would not pull her off, it tickled so much he was afraid he would hurt her.

With all 4 my favorite thing is sleeping with them we call it nappy-nini and how they look up at me with a huge smile in their eyes. I love that they nurse almost all night!!

Oh it makes me teary to read these, I will say that I had no idea that the breast feeding relationship could be and IS so special. I love so many things, the fact that it is our time, no one else can experience that with Thomas, I also love those nursing grins, oh yeah those sweet nursing noises are great too!

Talking hungry hungry hippo

Hi everybody,

I love the way Robert smiles at me while we settle in after a day at work/daycare.

Another memory that always makes me smile is from early in our breastfeeding relationship. He was such an avid eater that he would open his mouth super-wide to latch on and looked just like the "Hungry Hungry Hippo" from the Milton Bradley game.

Trisha

Default Re: hungry hungry hippo

Aw these are so touching.

I love it when my son can't stop smiling when he's nursing and milk gets all over his face. He'll even start giggling and then he'll nurse again but he'll have to pause and smile.

My other favorite moment is when he grabs my finger and holds it while he eats.