Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Help! Found Wart on Breast!

Unhappy Help! Found Wart on Breast!

Last night I found a wart on my breast about 2 inches under my nipple. My due date is 7 days away so I will be nursing any day now. These are my concerns:

If I leave it it and my daughter nurses on that breast she might get warts on her mouth.

Solution? I could only nurse on the "good" breast and pump (throwing the milk away of course) from the "bad" one until the wart goes away.

If I burn it off (painfull) the virus isn't dead yet, it takes a couple of weeks, so the above problem remains which means the above solution is still plausible. However, I can imagine trying to pump with the burn right there being very painful. I'm trying to find a way around it.

I've heard the breast milk is an antiseptic and can be used to relieved cracked nipples and such. I wonder if I applied my breast milk to the wart would it be able to kill the virus. I did that this morning and I would like to keep doing that to see what happens. But I feel like I am running out of time. My daughter will be born any day and I want to get this taken care of as soon as possible.

Anybody heard of an issue like this before, any ideas?

Default Re: Help! Found Wart on Breast!

Are you sure it is not a skin tag? They are very common during pregnancy.

Emilee
    Wife and Mommy
    DS born on Aug 4th 2006 @ 8 lbs 14 oz and 20 inches
    DD born at Home on May 10th 2008 @ 8 lbs 14 oz and 20 inches

I found this

http://www.cure-guide.com/Natural_He...res_Warts.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3833453.stm

My question is this...If breastmilk is found to cure warts, wouldnt it be ok to breastfeed baby, since baby would have breastmilk in her mouth while being exposed to wart, it shouldnt form....

Call your hospital and ask the Lactation Consultant if she has any advice or expierence with this?

Also, mention it to your OB, she might be able to give you the cream for it...

I have had a wart once before when I was a kid and I have had several skin tags since being pregnant. . . this is definitely a wart.

That is a good point about the milk being on her mouth so she probably would get the virus.

My husband is really concerned about her getting it and wants to burn it off ASAP. The articles are perfect. When I told him that I thought my breast milk would kill the virus he was interested but skeptical and wanted to see proof that it was true. I think these articles are just the thing I needed. I planned on speaking with my midwife and Le Leache Leader but I thought I would do a little research first. You have been a lot of help, thank you!