Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How often do your LOs wake at night?

Default How often do your LOs wake at night?

My daughter is 13 months and, at the moment, is waking about twice a night. She sleeps really well, 12-13 hours a night with those two wakings.

She does not eat a lot of solid food so I am ok with this much waking. We are in a good spot right now, she has had periods of much more frequent night waking and I am sure that we will go through more of those.

Just curious as to how often your babies wake to nurse at night.
    http://thesfamilychronicles.blogspot.com

"At the heart of motherhood is the kind of satisfaction unequalled in any other profession on earth."
    -Tina Neidlein

Isaac- 1/1/01 Nursed only 4 months, had no idea what I was doing.
    Nathan- 4/28/03 preemie, 1 month NICU stay and still managed exclusive nursing for 6 months, better.
    Anna- 4/15/06 Self weaned just after turning 3.
    Baby girl due May 14th

Default Re: How often do your LOs wake at night?

Hi! Aaron wakes 1 or 2 times per night to nurse at 13mo. He eats tons of food, though... kind of frustrating to me, but that's ok. He's only little once, right?

My daughter is 14.5 months, and wakes 1-3 times per night, more frequently when she's teething. Most times I can resettle her with a gentle touch, but I usually nurse her at least once per night, usually towards the morning.

Kate is 17 mos. and sleeps from 8pm to 6am, no more night wakings for the past 5 months or so. She does it lots of solids and self-weaned when my milk dried up almost a month ago.
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

Lately my toddler wakes about every hour or two. Its frustrating. She is cutting a lot of teeth though. Before that, she was waking 2-3 times at night, sometimes more. The most she's ever slept in a stretch was 6 hours, once. More waking than most people it seems, but less than she used to!
    Mommy to 3 beautiful girls!

I jinxed myself by posting this, she was up 4 times last night. YAWN
    http://thesfamilychronicles.blogspot.com

"At the heart of motherhood is the kind of satisfaction unequalled in any other profession on earth."
    -Tina Neidlein

Isaac- 1/1/01 Nursed only 4 months, had no idea what I was doing.
    Nathan- 4/28/03 preemie, 1 month NICU stay and still managed exclusive nursing for 6 months, better.
    Anna- 4/15/06 Self weaned just after turning 3.
    Baby girl due May 14th

16 months old. wakes usually 1-2 times (not sure - we co-sleep and I don't really wake up, just roll over and nurse) and I'm fine with that.

Lucas is 13.5 mos and wakes 4-6X a night. He has rarely had a stretch longer than 3 hrs. I am in the process of night-weaning right now (again). Which I'll be posting about in another thread.....

Jennifer
    Amazed and Proud mom of Luke (Lucas) - 4/5/2006; 9 lbs 12 oz , 22in
    Wife to best friend Carl - 11/4/2001

Savannah is almost 18mos and still wakes 2-4 times a night! YAWN! I've adjusted to it I guess. She has slept thru the night 5 times in her 18 mos.

DD2 is 4.5 months, and she wakes maybe once a night (that I know of)! I think I can sleepnurse.