Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: A little ?

Default A little ?

I donated a slide/swing set (a small one from little tykes) to the church day care that my DS attends. I told them that I wanted to buy them something to get the babies outside some during the day. They were thrilled.

It has been a while (two months) since then, they dont have it together, which is my fault, I forgot the directions at home

But they had to level a spot outside to be state approved, and nothing has been done about that. My DH says if they dont do it in a month he will.

My question is, how do I tell them that without looking pushy or rude? I wouldnt have bought it if I thought he wasnt going to get to go outside, and even though he isnt big enough for it quite yet, I see my DH's point.

What do you think?
    Danielle

Mom to Gage 12/28/06

Wife to Trinity 6/21/03 my best friend

ed for year, finally done!!!!
    for more than a year now!

Default Re: A little ?

Just try to bring it up in conversation with the director or teacher. I would probably bring them the directions first, then wait a week or so to ask. Then you could just say "Whatever happened to the slide set I brought?"

I used to work in childcare and things tend to fall through the cracks when you're running after little ones all day!

Thanks! I better get those directions! I think they are in my truck, but I drive the car and I am not thinking about htem til I have already left for work
    Danielle

Mom to Gage 12/28/06

Wife to Trinity 6/21/03 my best friend

ed for year, finally done!!!!
    for more than a year now!

In our state, when weather permits, all children in day care must go outside for a certain amount of time. You might want to check the law in your state.

Quote Originally Posted by GageWsMom View Post
    Thanks! I better get those directions! I think they are in my truck, but I drive the car and I am not thinking about htem til I have already left for work
    I bet you could contact Little Tykes and they would send you the directions, when you have time.
    That was really nice of you!

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on