Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Didn't Gain Much

Default Didn't Gain Much

My daughter had her 4 month check up today and in 4 weeks she only gained 4oz. She was 10lbs 10oz and she's now 10lbs 14oz. She has great wet diapers and nurses all the time. I thought she would've gained more than just 4oz. Her pediatrician wasn't concerned but I am, she is in the 10th percentile for height and weight. When she was 2 months old she was in the 25th percentile. Am I doing something wrong?

Default Re: Didn't Gain Much

First of all those charts are garbage.

Default Re: Didn't Gain Much

If your baby is producing plenty of diapers, is satisfied after a feed, is alert and meeting other milestones...then don't worry. Those charts are based on FF babies.....as long as she is putting on some weight, I wouldn't panic. You are due to hit a big growth spurt at 4mo/round about then...so she will probably put extra weight on then. You may...like me and many other mums on this site....have a slow weight gain baby. It doesn't mean that anything is wrong. Really look at your baby...does she seem unwell? The people on this site always advise...look at your baby...not the charts.