Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will breastfeeding ever get easier??

Default Re: Will breastfeeding ever get easier??

All of these replies are so great! I have felt all of the same things. In one aspect, I feel good and proud that I've made it two weeks, but on the other hand, I feel desperate for it to get better!!! Last night, I feel like I nursed nonstop for hours and hours! My butt hurt from sitting in the same spot so long!!! I just want a little break now and then!! But I'm going to stick it out too, and I'll get movies and books, and I'll make my hubby buy me my own laptop!!! LOL!

Good luck to the original poster especially!!

Yes! It gets so much easier and you'll feel great! Just hang in there. The first two weeks were the hardest for me, I just kept telling myself that this was something new for both of us and we both need time to get adjusted. I also read, The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding, it's a book written by LLLI, during the first 3 weeks. It's an incrediable book, it taught me so much about my body, my baby and of course BF. It also made me feel so great about BF I felt I could cure world hunger . You can order it though this web site, or I've seen it at a few different book stores.

Again just hang in there, your baby deserves this gift from you and you deserve to give it!

Oh yes, I've been there. My dd is 6 months old now and it DOES get easier and you WILL have more freedom! I am an active person so to have to turn around every hour and find myself on my butt the couch AGAIN nursing was very, very hard on me, yet at the same time I enjoyed my bonding time with my dd. I wouldn't trade those times now for anything. It does get easier. Try to enjoy it, these are precious times.