Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: question about menstruation

Default question about menstruation

Hi everyone!
    I've looked all over the boards, and can't really find an answer to my question. I've been breastfeeding exclusively since Zeke was born. He's 11 weeks old. This morning I started my period. Is it too early? Is my milk supply going to go down to nothing soon? Is this even possible? So far the milk is just as plentiful as it always has been, but I'm worried I might run out.
    Thanks!
    Kristin

Default Re: question about menstruation

my period came back that soon too. Very annoying. It may effect your supply a little but then mine goes right back up the next week.

I get a dip in my supply for several days, but once my period starts it tends to bounce back.

It's not too early. There isn't a set time when a woman should resume her menstrual cycle. I've heard of women who nursed on demand who got it back right away. I've heard of women who didn't get it back for more than 2 years. And everything in between.

Do not worry ...no early / no late schedules... ..it depends on ur body condition.

I had similar issue of milk dropping down when DS was 4 months and I got my periods.. Now DS is 5.5 months and I have not got it again after that

Milk supply will sometimes drop with your period, but then it picks back up after a few days. You might have to nurse more often, but DS will be fine.

Here's some info about it.