Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: nursing like crazy

Question nursing like crazy

ok my son is very clingy for one, we co sleep and he usually wants to be held, which is fine, but some days it seems like all I do is nurse, it's like the boob is the only thing that'll calm him... so my question is, is this normal? I mean to nurse this much? Seems sometimes like I just got done and he wants it again, or could he be using me as a pacifier? (We do use a pacifier tho btw which calms him at times) I mean can I be overfeeding him, or am I simply giving in and giving him the boob for comfort when he doesn't really need it? If this is normal and he needs to eat this often I am okay with that, but some days it's just overwhelming how often I am nursing LOL I mean how do I tell it's really a hunger fuss/cry and not him just wanting something else and me just giving in with nursing... I do "check" everything else first tho, diaper, see if he just wants cuddles, try the paci... so on (unless of course it has been a couple/few hours since the last nurse) Anyhow, thanks in advance, signed clueless newbie Mum lol

Default Re: nursing like crazy

I re read my post I didn't word it right, some of it sounds stupid lmao but I can't think of how I want to word it, basically just want to make sure that this is normal, I know he's getting enough by his wet & dirty diapers and his weight gain, but I just don't know how to tell if he is using me as a paci or if he's actually nursing kwim? only time I KNOW he's getting something is when I hear him GULPING lol anyhow sorry if this is a stupid question *hides*

LOL, don't worry I think most of us know what you mean . And there are NO stupid questions DS was like that for probably the first 5 months or so. We have just recently gotten over me being his confort boob during the day but he still comfort nurses at night when we cosleep which is most of the time these days due to teething discomfort. It will level out eventually, different babies at different times but for now at least you know that you are giving your ds the love and security he needs.

thanks and yes I do love that I am BF, while I was preggers I hoped & prayed I'd be able to, I love the bond it gives us

LOL my ds is the same way-still and he is 13wks old!!! somedays he is such a little piggy- today was one of those days of those days when he was nursing so much that he FINALLY spit up. it came out of his nose and mouth to leak dwn my boob onto my tummy . you would think that he would of stopped nursing but NOPE didnt faze him a bit-in fact he was ticked when i got him loose and cleaned up!

anyways what i was trying to say is that its normal!

okay that's fine by me to spend days doing nothing but bonding with my baby hehe yea he gets PO'ed when he pulls away from the boob or if I have to pull him away for a sec lol