Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calling moms of 9 month olds

Default Re: Calling moms of 9 month olds

I forgot to include my dd weight percentile....she is between the 50th and 75th percentile for her weight and height. At her 9 month check-up she weighed 20lbs 6oz and was 28 1/2 inches long.

my daughter turns 9 months today. i have her on 2 meals a day - no snacks. she's eaten mostly pureed food. i've tried to make it a bit thicker and chunkier and i'm experimenting with table foods also. she's tried quite a bit of everything in terms of veggies and fruits and i just started her on yogurt and meat. will try cheese next and also other meats like beef.

what i'm curious about is how babies have time for snacks? i'm trying to squeeze in a 3rd meal but just haven't quite gotten into a schedule that will fit it yet. that's a challenge already. where's there time for snacks? it seems like their always eating between BM and solids.

My baby is nine months old today!

She was a late starter with solids. My other two gobbled food up right at six months. We offered at dinner time, but she was not interested. Two weeks ago, she was suddenly interested. We feed her table food. I will give her a soft steamed green bean to feed herself. Anything that requires a little chewing I will smoosh up for her, but everything else is self-fed. This link explains our approach to solids.

We've tried:
    Green beans-a favorite!
    avocado
    peas
    brown rice
    pinto beans
    black beans
    broccoli - a favorite!
    canteloupe (a really ripe, soft one)
    banana

She typically only eats once a day at dinner. She is still asleep during breakfast and she is often napping at lunch. That will change as she gets older. She'll let me know when she wants more. That much I'm sure of!

She also meets the RDA for paper. She seems to think the cat bowl is for her, so I have to keep the pantry door closed when she's crawling around.
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi

My DD is 8 1/2 months and eats 2 meals a day and BF approx 4-5 times a day. Normal day is she BF when she wakes up. About an hour later of so she has breakfast which is usually 2 tbs of fruit and 2 tbs of cereal. She then BF and naps. BF again after her nap. BF again before dinner. Dinner is 2 tbs of fruit, 2 -3 tbs of veg and 1 tbs of meat. She BF again before bed and usually wakes once at night. Except for the morning two feedings and the night one the rest seem to be more like snaking. I give her some snacks occasionally. She loves the Gerber Graduates and Mum Mums. She is in the 50th percentile for her weight and is about 17.5 lbs. I make all my own food except for the meat (can't bring myself to puree that. I buy the organic frozen sweet pea meats)

So far she has had

Rice cereal
    Oatmeal Cereal
    Barley Cereal
    carrots
    beans
    peas
    sweet potato
    potato
    butternut squash
    avocado
    zucchini
    Pears
    prunes
    plums
    peaches
    bananas
    blueberries
    mango
    apple
    chicken
    turkey
    beef

that's all I can think of off the top of my head. So far she's a pretty easy going eater, but other then her snacks she seems to still gag on anything that is not pureed... wired, she will eat the freezer dried fruits veggies and puffs but gags on other things. I guess she is not ready for them yet... were not in any hurry

From what I see on here though it looks like she eats alot... her weight is good though so I'm not too worried.

Claire Mama

My DD is almost 10 months old. She eats three meals a day now, on most days. Somedays she has a small appetite, others she is a eating machine.

Here is what she is eating:

rice chex
    O's
    yogurt
    banana
    apple/sauce
    sweet potato
    potato
    avocado
    pinto beans
    multi grain bread
    squash
    cheese
    papaya
    oatmeal
    crackers
    pasta (plain)
    broccoli

I am sure there is more but I can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by kellyd View Post
    What is your 9 month old eating? And how much? How often do you feed a "meal" of solids?

I have a reason for asking- but would rather see the answers first!
    So what is the reason for asking?????