Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Need advice and Help, new here

Default Need advice and Help, new here

My baby is 14 weeks old and I breastfed her for 2 weeks and I got really frustrated and severely depressed and I quit so now I am trying to relactate. Anything I can do to speed this up?? I drank a beer earlier yuck and I am drinking tons of water right now along with trying to feed her. She will latch so that doesnt worry me as much as trying to get milk. I have like a drop right now at most.

Default Re: Need advice and Help, new here

There is a relactation forum on here- so I'd check that out. But if she will latch that is a wonderful start. I'd keep putting her to the breast as often as possible since it's the stimulation of the nipples that helps release prolactin, which then tells your body to make milk.

Also you could try taking fenugreek and drinking mother's milk tea. I took the fenugreek 2 capsules three times a day with meals and saw wonderful results from that. Also eating oatmeal is another thing you can do. Get some brewer's yeast and add it to the oatmeal and anything else you can think of to sprinkle it on- it'll be better than trying to drink the beer. Also, if you can use a double electric breast pump-hospital grade if you can get it- and get on a pumping schedule to pump routinely- again the more often the better.

Default Re: Need advice and Help, new here

don't be afraid to call your local leader also she around to help!

ARe you pumping?