Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Fullness

Default Fullness

My daughter just got released from NICU she is 3 weeks old. I was pumping for 3 weeks for her. Now she is only breastfeeding and im not pumping anymore. When should my milk supply even out to what she just drinks. I had a huge knot in the side of my boob and all i had to do was push the side of my breast in and i had a stream of milk come out. I was able to empty a bit of milk out, didnt want to do to much cause she will be waking up to eat soon. Any suggestions

Default Re: Fullness

Hang in there- once you really get into breastfeeding your new baby, your body will adjust to how much milk your baby will need. It's an amazing thing really, just hang in there and release the milk if it to uncomfortable.

Ditto...hang in there and it will eventually even out...i was going to suggest pumping and freezing but that's just going to make more milk for you so not a good idea

:d

That's normal, even if you hadn't been pumping (I had to pump for 11 days while mine was in the NICU). Around 6 weeks your supply should be more even. We just passed 6 months and my supply is just perfect right now

today has been a much better day, i just have some tingling and i had a knot in the side of my breast last night. I took a hot shower and it helped a bit. not there today. Thanks everyone i was not successful with my daugher or son when i tried. I have found more resources now then i have back then..

Give your body a couple months to get adjusted. It varies by person, but will regulate.