Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: frothy yellow poo...?

Default frothy yellow poo...?

Does frothy smelly poo still mean over supply foremilk / hindmilk imbalance if poo is bright yellow (not green)?
    Finn - born 24/02/2007 7lb 6oz

Default Re: frothy yellow poo...?

Recently I have had a yellow frothy poo that I had hoped meant we were heading in the right direction but frothy green returned with the next diaper explosion. I am hoping to have froth free poo soon. Froth can't be good. Can it?

There is a wide range of normal when it comes to baby poo. If all else is fine, baby is gaining appropriately, seems happy and comfortable, etc., then frothy poo is withing the range of normal. But if there are several other issues going on with baby/mom, then frothy poo can be a sign of oversupply.

What other symptoms are you experiencing, if any?

My LO has always had BIG wind/gas problems and has to strain and grunt for ages to fart or poo (he's not a big burper or spitter-uperer). He also often looks uncomfy after feeding and arches his back. I thought these symptoms might also indicate oversupply although I don't have engorgement any more. Apart from the above, he's a happy, chubby little boy. Any ideas what I might do to make him more comfortable? Many thanks in advance
    Finn - born 24/02/2007 7lb 6oz

Is your let-down forceful? This can make them swallow too much air which encourages more gas, urping, burping... wind/gas could be from oversupply too. Did you read the articles that introduce the forum? Or this article "Gaining, Gulping, Grimacing" http://www.wiessinger.baka.com/bfing...e/gulping.html