Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: my little pump is working again...

Smile my little pump is working again...

Many of you may know that ds has been fighting the breast for the longest time. Well, hopefully now he is back to nursing well again. Of course he could start refusing the breast again (hope not ) but for the time being he is a little nursing angel. It`s been so long with the struggle I`ve forgotten how wonderful it is to breast feed.

Mommy to a busy toddler

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep in order to gain that which he cannot lose."
    Jim Elliot

Default Re: my little pump is working again...

Hooray for you and Shion! Good for you for keeping up with it through all of the hard times!

I am soooo glad to hear it!!!!! I hope it continues!!!! Congratulations and enjoy it all you can. did he just grow out of it, or did you figure out how to change something? Just curious I am always looking for ways to reduce ds's fighting issues....

Married and sealed to Randall 12~28~2002
    Mother to William Randall 10~13~2006

yay! i had meant to ask... way to hang in there!
    Stefanie, momma to

deacon james 09.22.06

Thanks everyone for being so encouraging.
    I`m not sure if he`ll go back to his old habits or not, but for now I`m really encouraged. Truth is I didn`t do anything special. Just kept offering the breast. He still pulls off many times, but it`s not nearly as bad as it used to be.
    One thing I found helpful is giving him a little toy to play with while nursing. He has a little turtle he likes to hold on to.

Mommy to a busy toddler

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep in order to gain that which he cannot lose."
    Jim Elliot

Well, miracle over...He is refusing to nurse again. It`s been going on for a couple of days again and I`ve been waiting for the good days to return. Anyway, it was nice to see the sunshine for a while

Mommy to a busy toddler

Jim Elliot

Im sorry to hear it!!! my lo has been ok lately, but he still fights vehemently at naptime and bedtime... I started stting with him the floor while he plays with the same toy right next to where i nurse him and when he starts realizing that I am there with him and doesn't fight when I take him away from his toy, then it is ok to nurse him. It worked for a week or so. Now he is just giving my the straight arm and pinching me and making all sorts of funny faces.... good luck to you!!!

Married and sealed to Randall 12~28~2002
    Mother to William Randall 10~13~2006

I think he is teething again. At 8.5 months he`s got 6 teeth and seems like there is another one on the way. He`s been very crabby, pulling on his ear, running a low-grade fever and chewing on everything in site. In other words, doing everything...but nursing. Well, this shall also pass...I hope...or else, the mental hospital

Mommy to a busy toddler

Jim Elliot