Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I don't eat healthy since I've given birth

Default Re: I don't eat healthy since I've given birth

Thanks everyone! I have another question? What fruits and vegetables do you suggest I eat? There are many to stay away from like oranges, strawberries, brocolli. What is left?!

Peas and green beans sit well with us. As for fruit, I think I am going to turn into a banana. I am one of the moms that think there are no foods to stay away from, unless you have a good reason- like an allergy or causes a gassy baby. I would just test out you eating different fruits/veg and see how or even if they affect you lo. NOthing is really off limits with us except peanut products and brocolli. You just have to find what works with you- trial and error.

Unless a particular food causes your LO pain/discomfort...I wouldn't automatically stay away from it. For instance...broccoli caused my son to have raging farts....but he didn't seem to be HURT by it, KWIM? So I kept right on eating it. Now he loves broccoli. I have always eaten everything unless I noticed that it bothered him (haven't found anything yet).

Carrot sticks, celery, apples, oranges, bananas, kiwi, pears, GB's, corn, peas, asparagus, red bell pepper (yum)...just a few to start.

Good luck and try try try to stay away from the FF. You will feel so much better.

Leslie
    All over the world there exists in every society a small group of women who feel themselves strongly attracted to giving care to other women during pregnancy and childbirth. Failure to make use of this group of highly motivated people is regrettable and a sin against the principle of subsidiary. ~ Dr. Kloosterman, Chief of OB/GYN, Univ. of Amsterdam, Holland

**Leslie**

Mama to:
    Shiloh (5/6/06) Nursed for 13 months and Josephine (7/26/08) Nursed for 23.5 mos Currently nursing my new little firecracker, Finley Catherine, born on the 4th of July!!