Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: milk milk!

Default milk milk!

Hello all you mothers world wide. Thank you so much for taking your time to read my thread. Im going crazy, been expressing ffor 45 minutes but only got 30ml. Yes im very anxious but why? My little one is 7 months old, takes breastmilk only no formula (allergy), i m happy for him to take breast milk. But i think my production is not going well. what should i do. im looking at hios pictures. please tell me my body is not letting me down.

Default Re: milk milk!

I hear you, and things can get a little anxious when you are nursing sometimes. I've only been nursing 11 months, but I just know, and I hope this helps, that there are certain times in the day when if I pump, there seems to be less. Pumping, it has been said over and over again, is not a good gage of your milk supply. Since your baby has tended to do well these seven months, it would appear that your supply is fine to date. Relax a bit, and continue to nurse. Let the baby work the magic - - they are much better at keeping up supply than pumps!

Default Re: milk milk!

I pump every morning because LO will eat around 5 and when we wake up at 7 he is not usually hungry, anyways, I always have him suck for just a minute, just go get it going and then he is happy to get off and continue his morning playtime and I can pump about 3 oz a breast is less than 5 minutes. If he doesn't help me out I can barely get 2 oz from both combined.