Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone tried CIO and it work?

TM is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Default Has anyone tried CIO and it work?

I've had the last 5 months off so it was my pleasure to sit with my LO and nurse her for 3 hours while she slept. Now I must help pay the bills so we can eat. I will be with my LO during the day but I MUST have her nap times to work at home. That being said..
    Have you tried CIO and it work? I am actually considering it if it works and quickly. At this point my LO and I co-sleep for everything, naps and bedtime. I get NOTHING done. I must pay bills now so I cannot sleep anymore with her during the day. Currently I will nurse her to sleep but when I leave she will wake after only 10 min and search for my breast. I must help her get to sleep by herself. So did you try cry it out and did it work. Also how quickly did it work? Did you notice a difference in you LO after you did it? Did you regret it? If you are against CIO then please do not make me feel any worse than I already do.
    Thank you!

Exclamation Re: Has anyone tried CIO and it work?

Hi!! I first wanted to tell you that you have NO reason to feel bad!! It is ok to teach your LO to go to sleep on there own!! But, it is just that, a learned thing!! Your LO has been taught to go to sleep at mommy's breast, and she knows no diffeerent! So, if you want for her to go to sleep alone, you'll have to teach her how!! I had to do the SAME thing!!!! It is not easy the 1st couple of days, but it will get better EVERY day!!!!! I just got my LO to that sleepy stage (but not asleep) by holding her and loving on her, but NOT by nursing!! The idea is for her to learn that she does not have to nurse to go to sleep!! Then when she was sleepy I would lay her down. She cried the first night off and on for a good while, but then the next night it was less, and so on! It was not easy!!!! I just had to keep in mind the end results!! I knew she was ok, she just was having to learn something new!! She learned to do it!!! She is 100 percent OK, HAPPY, HEALTHY, and NOT SCARRED For Life!! Just remember that it is a process that she is going to have to learn!! You Can Do It!!!

Default Re: Has anyone tried CIO and it work?

Thank you very much. May I ask you a couple of questions on how?
    1. Did you not go in at all? Every 5 minutes? every 10 minutes?
    2. Paci, Blanket, nothing in with them?
    3. Did she seem mad at you next day?
    4. Did she go to sleep after that with little or no crying?
    5. DO I start with naps or bedtime?
    Thank you very much for your support.

Have you considered trying a swing? Or perhaps a pacifier? I'm sure there are many other options you could consider before just leaving her alone to cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor'smom View Post
    I've had the last 5 months off so it was my pleasure to sit with my LO and nurse her for 3 hours while she slept. Now I must help pay the bills so we can eat. I will be with my LO during the day but I MUST have her nap times to work at home. That being said..
    Have you tried CIO and it work? I am actually considering it if it works and quickly.
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I've got to be totally honest with you. No sleep training method "works and works quickly".

There are far gentler methods that you can use to help baby sleep without resorting to leaving baby to cry. If you're interested in this information, let me know and I'll provide you with some links.

At this point my LO and I co-sleep for everything, naps and bedtime. I get NOTHING done. I must pay bills now so I cannot sleep anymore with her during the day. Currently I will nurse her to sleep but when I leave she will wake after only 10 min and search for my breast. I must help her get to sleep by herself.
    Are you saying you need to go back to work during the day, and you need baby to go back to sleep with other methods while you're working? If so, you should know that MANY babies to nurse to sleep when with mom, and go to sleep on their own just fine with the caregiver.

I can see that you're struggling, and from one mother to another, I totally understand.

I need my child to sleep whatever it takes. I'm interested in anything that will help her sleep if you have info, I'll read it. Thank you for the offer.
    BTW, I don't think that it is anyones first resort to "leave their baby alone to cry" so obviously I have tried other things. She can't be with a sitter because she won't take a bottle or paci so that's out. Just need her to sleep without being attached to me. Sooooooooooooo frustrated.

I wasn't saying that I thought you hadn't tried anything, just trying to get an idea of what you have tried to see if there was something else I could suggest that might work. Perhaps rocking/singing until she's drowsy but not asleep and then setting her down? That's what I had to do with my LO. If I try to lay her down during the day once she's already asleep, she wakes up every time.

I need my child to sleep whatever it takes. I'm interested in anything that will help her sleep if you have info, I'll read it. Thank you for the offer.
    BTW, I don't think that it is anyones first resort to "leave their baby alone to cry" so obviously I have tried other things. She can't be with a sitter because she won't take a bottle or paci so that's out. Just need her to sleep without being attached to me. Sooooooooooooo frustrated.

Are you going to be working from home? I'm trying to understand what your day will be like.

That's what I thought CIO was. I was planning on nursing her to almost asleep and putting her in her bed. It's just that recently instead of going to sleep she cries.So I was thinking I wouldn't re-nurse her I would just let her fall asleep with a little protest.. Sorry I was defensive it's just that this is very hard for me. I love my child as much as anyone but I'm desparate for her to sleep.
    My appologies for being a brat. Anyhow I already put her, even asleep sometimes and it doesn't work . I also nurse her to sleep in our bed and leave her and that doesn't always work during the day but it does at night. Any suggestions?

You weren't being a brat. After re-reading, my post sounded kinda *****ty (sorry, it's been a long day - I'm lost in the mommy fog!) With my LO, I would lay her down almost asleep. If she didn't fall asleep, I would wait until she was fussing and getting close to crying, then more rocking/singing until she was calm, and down again. It took a while for her to get the idea, and it still doesn't always work. Though I've only tried it at night, not during naptime. My LO has such a hard time sleeping during the day that only the swing or the carseat will do for her the majority of the time. If I didn't have the swing, I think I'd lose my mind! Have you tried putting something in the crib with her that smells like you? Maybe she wouldn't notice your absence as soon that way.