Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Silly question

Default Silly question

My DD is 7 weeks old and we EBF. I have been trying to figure out an easy way to keep track of which breast to offer first. I have tried the safty pin on the bra and since it was not in plain sight I would forget. Then I used the yellow Livestrong braclet which was ok but it it kind of hard to get on and off. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Default Re: Silly question

Not a silly question at all and when you find a way let me know I always tell my babies it's their job to remember. I'm nursing my 3rd child who is now 20 months and I'll still mess myself up and give him the "wrong side" and then I'm left begging him to nurse and help mommy out.

Laura
    Laura, proud vbacing, ecological breastfeeding mommy to four ages 8, 6, 5, and 2. That's Kate nursing her doll, Adam.

The Seven Standards of ecological breastfeeding: (1) exclusive breasfeeding for the first 6 months (2) pacify baby at your breast (3) don't use bottles and pacifiers (4) co-sleep for night feedings (5) take a nursing nap (6) nurse frequently day and night; avoiding schedules (7) avoid practices that restrict nursing or separates you from your baby. The average return of menstruation for ecological breastfeeding mothers is between 14 and 15 months.

try the pat pat test....
    Pat one and then the other...
    I used a hair scrunchy sometimes just like the bracelet idea.
    IT does get beter as baby gets older and your getting more sleep.

oh and if I was just "hanging out at home"
    I would just not close my bra flap. That way I would start with the one that was closed.

I do the bra strap test, too. It's especially handy in the middle of the night when I don't even open my eyes if I have to.

hi there! they sell nursing bracelets just for that, or you could try a safety pin on the bra strap. pm me if you want to know where to order a bracelet or you can prob google it. hth
    Lisa
    Married to my Sugar Daddy
    Mom to Matt (5/14/97)
    James (11/8/06)
    Kelly Anne (3/14/08)
    Paul (3/11/10)

I like the scrunchie idea. I will have to find one. I know I should have one around her somewhere. I will look on line for one of those bracelets. I wear the sleep bras alot during the day that don't have snap straps. That is a good idea for the days I wear those. Thanks for the ideas!

Red face Re: Silly question

I use a pinky ring and switch it while I am nursing her and that way I don't forget to change it!

In the early weeks I kept a log...(mainly to keep track of wets but also helped me in this area) Basically just put L or R or L then R . I always changed the diaper either right before a feed or right after, so this worked great for me either way.
    Leslie- Momma to Aiden 02/28/06 AND Owen 2/28/08...What timing

Older and wiser voices can always help you find the right path, if you are only willing to listen.--Jimmy Buffet