Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Need reassurance please!

Default Need reassurance please!

Ok, I know that it is completely likely that my 6-week-old son has been hanging off my breast for the past fourteen hours because he is going through a growth spurt. His wets and dirty diapers are fine, he's not running fever, and doesn't seem to be in any pain. (He is, in fact, contentedly asleep--for the moment--as I type this.) I think I just need to be reassured that he is ok and that it is most likely a growth spurt, and that at some point (hopefully in the really near future) he will go back to his every-two-or-three-hour schedule. Even the thought of a growth spurt is scary at this point; I'm convinced that in the morning the child is going to be four feet long, considering how much he has eaten today!

Default Re: Need reassurance please!

No prob ma, I'm sure it's a growth spurt. My 11 1/2 mo old is either going through one now or he's starting to teeth again. As long as your LO wets/dirty's are OK, you're doing GREAT!!! Hang in there, it will pass soon enough. HTH

Thank you! I kept telling myself it must be, then I'd have the "other voice" in my head saying, But what if it's not, and he's just not getting enough from me? I feel much better hearing it from someone else!

Those early growth spurts can be challenging! Sounds like you're doing a great job! Hang in there.....

Ds was eating non-stop for the first 8 WEEKS of his life. But he was gaining over 2 pounds each month. These early weeks are truly challenging (and the following ones too ) Take heart with a good diaper output you have no reason to worry.

Mommy to a busy toddler

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep in order to gain that which he cannot lose."
    Jim Elliot