Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Loud

Default Loud

My ds (10 1/2 weeks) is the noisiest nurser. He squeaks and wheezes while nursing to the point where it is hard to have a conversation. I have him latched on well, I nestle him really close to my body so his head tips back and his ear is in line with his shoulder and hip, and still it's

SQUEAK WHEEZE suck swallow SQUEAK suck gulp gulp WHEEZE gulp pant pant pant SQUEAK....

it's so loud it's hard to hear the swallows. it makes it hard to bfip, or at a friends house, or while talking to dh or anyone else for that matter. Any suggestions?

Default Re: Loud

LOL, you are describing my ds he did the same thing, except when he wanted more milk he would literally growl at my breast and shake his head (like a puppy playing tug-o-war), he would giggle during let down too (I guess the milk streams tickled). Unfortuantely he never stopped and still makes noise when he occasionally nurses to this day. I guess I just got used to it.
    Amanda Mom to James (2/25/04) and nursling Alice (8/24/05)

Autumn used to do that ALL THE TIME!! My husband and I used to sleep in shifts because we were so sleep deprived and sometimes her squeaking would wake him up! It's funny you posted this question because I haven't thought about the squeaking in a long time.

LOL, DS did this too. He is 7 months old and has pretty much grown out of it but I will tell you that I miss it now. So enjoy it while you can. Enjoy everything cute that they do.