Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where is the acrobatic nursing that I have read about??

11girl is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Default Re: Where is the acrobatic nursing that I have read about??

Quote Originally Posted by Mommyto3 View Post

PS How sad is it that there is a disclaimer before that video that some people might find it obscene?

that's something new, and that was my thought exactly.

Thank you for the comments. I have not read Mother Your Nursing Toddler but I think I should do some more research on this topic. I love the idea of extended breastfeeding but being a single Mom it is very tiresome since my 13 month old LO wants to nurse all the time, thru the day and night. She has almost all of her teeth now, just the canines left so I think the worst may be over soon. But it is true that I usually find a reason for her extensive need for nursing more than others. Glad to hear that the acrobatic nursing is normal not just some fixation on my breasts that I should worry about! It is very nice to have such a wonderful relationship with my daughter and I am very happy that I can still nurse her. She is growing up so fast. Oops someone is lifting up my shirt now...

My ds and dd#1 didn't do the acrobatic nursing. My dd#2 sure does though. She is almost 18mos adn started her flipflop routine at about 15 mos. She does it most of the time when seh's tired and fighting sleep (she's not a sleeper at all). She also does it during the day when she nurses. She thinks she's funny too...she'll even giggle while flipping around! This morning she was flipping everywhere and ended up upside down. She dropped off and said "funny" then decided to try standing and nursing while I sat on the couch. I really think she does it for entertainment!

So, when I first replied to this I didn't have an acrobatic nursling, but now I do! DS is 16.5 mo and he has decided he needs to move pretty much constantly while nursing in the last week or so. He gets on his hands and knees, sticks his bottom up in the air and tries to stands up, then when he tries to flip over and my nipple pops out of his mouth he looks at me like why did that just happen. I hope this is a "this too shall pass" phase.

My lo has a new acrobatic move...she likes to stand if she's been playing and decides she needs a quick "na". She will wiggle until I finally put her down then seh stands and signs please. It's funny. She also suddenly thinks that I need to kiss her feet while she's nursing before seh goes to bed. Does she think she's the princess around here or what!! Gotta love these little ones and their ways of communicating!!
    Cathy