Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does your baby have a specific item that he/she likes to play with while nursing?

Default Does your baby have a specific item that he/she likes to play with while nursing?

My daughter LOVES the little bow that is in the center of the bras I usually wear. It is SO cute. She just lays there happily and plays with it while she is eating. When I do not have that bra on, poor baby, she flails around desperatly looking for her little bow. Frequently she will try and play with my other nipple which just drives me crazy!
    http://thesfamilychronicles.blogspot.com

"At the heart of motherhood is the kind of satisfaction unequalled in any other profession on earth."
    -Tina Neidlein

Isaac- 1/1/01 Nursed only 4 months, had no idea what I was doing.
    Nathan- 4/28/03 preemie, 1 month NICU stay and still managed exclusive nursing for 6 months, better.
    Anna- 4/15/06 Self weaned just after turning 3.
    Baby girl due May 14th

Default Re: Does your baby have a specific item that he/she likes to play with while nursing?

DD likes to grab handfuls of boob skin (yes, I have extra!) and roll it around in her hands. She also squeezes it and it pinches and hurts really bad.
    DD1 used to stick her fingers in my mouth and play with my teeth. I really liked when she did that, but DD2 doesn't.

Default Re: Does your baby have a specific item that he/she likes to play with while nursing?

lol, you reminded me that my daughter also likes to put her fngers in my mouth when she nurses. More than that though, she likes to strum my lips while I am humming through them. My husband laughs everytime he walks by and sees me nursing her while she is playing my lips like a banjo.
    http://thesfamilychronicles.blogspot.com

"At the heart of motherhood is the kind of satisfaction unequalled in any other profession on earth."
    -Tina Neidlein

Isaac- 1/1/01 Nursed only 4 months, had no idea what I was doing.
    Nathan- 4/28/03 preemie, 1 month NICU stay and still managed exclusive nursing for 6 months, better.
    Anna- 4/15/06 Self weaned just after turning 3.
    Baby girl due May 14th

awww! that's cute!

When she's comfort feeding she'll play with material. When she's feeding or hunger or thirst she will put her finger in my mouth. She use to pull my hair when she was small so I cut it short.

my ds plays with his hair....probably why he lost soooo much of it.
    or grab my top and pull it. or...very nice.....try to stick his fingers up my nose

11girl is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

DD loves pulling at my bra strap. Especially my Rainbow Bra strap. She likes the snap on it, and will sometimes even stop nursing in order to suck on it!

I would be that item. Dd no longer nurses everyday, but even this morning, at three years old, I was in her bed because she was having a rough night (last molar coming in finally), and, barely awake, she rolled over, reached under my shirt, and started fiddling with my belly button. She used to get irritated by bras because I don't wear them everyday (what a "hippy" I've turned out to be, nursing a three year old and not wearing bras), but has always played with the "other side" (which led to some of our first lessons in discipline - pinching and stuff) and the belly and navel. Those hands were as much a part of nursing as her lips. I am thankful she didn't end up like some kids who, after weaning, feel the breast on occasion for comfort. That's fine for kids who find comfort in that, but I much prefer getting my navel stroked lovingly by a three year old.

ML loves to play with my hair . She usually doesn't pull it anymore, but she loves to wrap her fingers in it. When we sit down to nurse, she always says "hairs down" (I guess it's better than trying to stick her fingers up my nose ).
    Mommy to Mary Louise, born 6/28/05, Self weaned at 2 years and 2 months

Mommy to Craig Isaac, born February 16, 2008, Self weaned 3 years and 4 months
    parttime

My son has to nurse with a small stuffed monkey with long dangly arms. He swings it around by the arms and tail as he's eating, and sometimes tries to get the tail into his mouth along with my nipple. This is relatively recent since for a long time he didn't have a comfort object. When he's in a calmer mood he snuggles the monkey's head close to his face, or sometimes drapes it over his eyes as he's falling asleep. He also thrusts it into my face periodically for kisses. Other times he just plays with my hair or sticks his fingers in my mouth and nose.
    Annie
    Mama to Jeremy Daniel (12/10/2005)

I'm a late cloth convert...and you? :tumbsup