Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Stringy Milk

Default Stringy Milk

Hello All:

I am wondering if anyone has had the same issue as me. I am a new mother of a 2 and a half month old baby boy and I've had a rough go at breastfeeding. I've had numerous engorgements, plugged ducts, a breast abscess and constantly cracked and sore nipples. I refuse to give up even after all this. My question is this: after my recent breast abscess episode, I noticed that my right breast no longer 'squirts out milk' like it used to, but after breasfeeding, I see 'stringy milk' coming out of my ducts. It is also quite think and yellowish. Has anyone experienced this?

Default Re: Stringy Milk

check out the "common and not so common side effects" on this link http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mom/mastitis.html

Good for you for sticking with it! Have you gotten the root of the problem solved?

Default Re: Stringy Milk

The baby's latch isn't 100%. I know what to look for, I have seen LCC and nurses, but I can't seem to get it completely right. Not only that, the baby goes to sleep at 9 pm and sleeps through the night (till about 5:30 am) I just started waking up and pumping that breast to avoid engorgement. I know what I should be doing...I just can't seem to get it right, and I don't want to wake him up to feed him.

Thanks for the link