Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Wow, this is awesome...

Default Wow, this is awesome...

I am so glad I found this website and forum. I now know that I have OALD and there is support...YAY! It's so good to hear from other women that have the same problems that I do (spraying baby in the face, choking baby, giving poor baby gas because of such a powerful let down). Just reading about what you all do to ease the problems is so helpful. THANK YOU!

Default Re: Wow, this is awesome...

Welcome!!

I'm so glad you found us here. It can be so helpful to have other mamas to support you. Let us know if there are any questions we can answer.

Tiana

I never knew until I read these postings that I had oversupply issues. Breastfeeding was going great with my baby until he was about 3 weeks old and then we started having issues. He had gas and would cry like he couldn't latch on. I didn't understand it because he had no problems latching before. He latched on right after birth. I was also pumping 3x a day to keep up with the milk I was producing. I went to the LC and she didn't understand what was going on. It eventually got better, but I didn't realize that it was related to how much milk I had. Now that I look back on it, I stopped pumping so much because I was just getting worn out and that's when it got better. I never realized that it was a common issue - - it all makes sense now. Nice to know that I'm not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by emtrav View Post
    I was also pumping 3x a day to keep up with the milk I was producing. I went to the LC and she didn't understand what was going on. It eventually got better, but I didn't realize that it was related to how much milk I had. Now that I look back on it, I stopped pumping so much
    So how much do you pump now. I always like to have some extra milk on hand but am afraid to pump b/c I don't want any more milk than I already have. Let me know. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by sarahs1 View Post
    So how much do you pump now. I always like to have some extra milk on hand but am afraid to pump b/c I don't want any more milk than I already have. Let me know. Thanks!!
    I dropped down to pumping once a day. In the morning I would feed the baby and then pump the excess. This would give me at least 1 extra feeding to freeze per day. Now I'm back at work and pumping twice a day. He takes bottles during the day while I'm gone, but I'm still freezing 1 extra feeding a day. I'm no longer having issues with breastfeeding, but I still want to freeze milk because I know the time will come when my milk production slows down a lot and I want to have freezer stock. With my other two kids my milk production slowed way down when they were about 9-10 months old.

Glad to have you!

cmp12345 is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

I too, think this forum is awesome. Wish I had learned about this forum earlier! I was so frustrated with all the oversupply/OALD problems I've been having and talked to a few LC's and local LLLs. But, reading through these threads has given me more confidence to overcome the oversupply/OALD. I tried block feeding (4 hrs) yesterday and think I see a difference already! I'll continue with it and see how it goes. Thanks!