Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Breasyfeeding twin toddlers

Default Breasyfeeding twin toddlers

Hi I am new to the site but not LLL as I am a peer supporter needing support

Yes I co sleep No they do not sleep right through Why do I always have to explain myself Do you all know what I mean

My girls are now 2 and a half and are still feeding regular as in 5 times a day usually more if poorly and most of the night aswell one more demanding than the other but the other joins in.
    I had the girls through ivf treatment so I really do not want to stop at all but you know how it is I am starting to feel the pressure when out and about even though I should not I know.
    Do not know what I am going on about does anybody else feel this way and are feeding 2.5 year old twins

Default Re: Breasyfeeding twin toddlers

Hi Louise,
    Welcome to the site!
    Maybe you've already seen some of these articles from New Beginnings on the topic of multiples and extended nursing?

http://www.lalecheleague.org/NB/NBextended.html
    http://www.lalecheleague.org/NB/NBmultiples.html

And have you seen the twins board here at the site?

It sounds like nursing is important and meaningful to you and you enjoy it, but perhaps are tiring of having to explain your nursing and parenting choices to others?

I hope you can find the boost you need here!

Warmly,
    Mary

Yes, I know how you feel. Mine is only 16 months old and I am already feeling the pressure. With people saying things like, "are you still doing that?"

I've started to make mine wait longer between feedings and it really made me a little sad yesterday. I think because he is starting to want to nurse less and I will miss this part of our lives. I've told my husband that I will probably nurse until he's at least two, is my son doesn't wean himself before then.

I wish my family didn't put this pressure on me, truly.

Take care.

Many people have simply never seen a nursing toddler before. It can be very surprising to friends/family members. They might not realize the benefits of continuing to nurse beyone a year. It can be challenging to feel like you are the only one around who is nursing a toddler. Finding support can be a real help. Many LLL Groups have toddler meetings where you can find other mothers of nursing toddlers. You can share stories and experiences and get the "lift" you need. Of course, you can always come online here, too!
    The book Mothering Your Nursing Toddler can be a great resource,too, if you are looking for something to help validate your choices. Your local Group is likely to have a copy you could borrow.

Warmly,
    Mary