Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: is it to blame?

Default is it to blame?

My ds is 16 mo and I've been cycling since December with normal ovulatory patterns, normal cycle lengths, fertile fluid, and normal periods. I got pregnant so fast with ds, but no matter how well we "time" it, it just doesnt happen. Please tell me that I'm right in that nursing has nothing to do with this. Ds only nurses three times a day. Since I'm ovulating this couldnt interfere with conception right? Not that I would stop nursing anyhow since I know how important it is, I guess I just want to know. Thanks.

Default Re: is it to blame?

Have you been trying since December? I actually also took a little longer with my second. I don't really know why though. I think the lining of the uterus can have something to do with it but I'm not sure why. Perhaps, and this is just a guess, after not ovulating for a while the lining builds up and may take a few more regular cycles to balance out again. This is just a guess though. I know a year seems really long to wait from when you start trying but fertility experts do say a year is about right. I myself desperatly want a 3rd but my hubby isn't on board so each cycle I've been 'trying' to 'trick' him. But he's too smart for me Anyway good luck and let us know!

Melanie,
    As far as I know, if you are ovulating and your LP is normal, BFing should not be interfering with getting pg. I think you are right and it might just be taking a little more time. GL!

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

nycmama- thanks. I was kinda wondering if something like that might make a difference. And yes, we have been trying since December...well actually a little longer. See, I first got my period two months after he was born. I had three periods in a row regular lengths apart and then they stopped for 8 months before I got another one! However, since then (dec) they've been regular and we've been trying. Oh well, all in God's time I suppose...even if it is heart breaking each time the bleeding starts.

Thank you both for your responses. I'm sure it will happen soon.
    Melanie