Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: spitting up ?

Question spitting up ?

my ds has been doing well with nursing but has been spitting up and it seems to be more often lately just wondering if any one eles has this problum and if its normal ?

Default Re: spitting up ?

DD did that a lot in the beginning. She is 4 months old now and very rarely spits up now.

Loving my Beautiful High Needs Baby Girl born 12/28/06

My DS is 4 months (today!) and he spits up all the time. It is normal! Don't worry.

We had the same problem, in fact DS didn't start spitting up until after 3 weeks and it was a ton. The ladies here told me it usually starts around 3 or 4weeks.

ya it was a lil now and then but at 3 wk it became somthing i worried about but thank you all for replyin its nice to know its normal my other son didnt really spit up so i thought only bottle fed babys did but i feel better now thanks again

I'm so happy to see this thread! My son is 6 wks; in the last week or so he's started spitting up all the time Glad to know it can start around this time. Is there any way around changing his outfit every time ( like some magic anti-smell solution I can dab on the spot? ) or is that just wishful thinking?

i have been keepin spit up cloths by him or you could try bibs but i dont know about anything eles

I've read that a baking soda solution will remedy the smell - I used it on the rocking chair this morning - lol. The place I read this suggested keeping a spray bottle of baking soda and water in your diaper bag! After my experience with the chair this am, I'm sold!

DS is 5.5 months now and he used to spit up from 3 weeks till 5 months a lot now it is rare spit up..
    i was worried /psyched. .but as long as Ds's weight gain is normal/ and DS growing healthy ...i need not worry is what everyone told me ..and touchwood so far yes it is normal ..
    so not to worry..

My pediac once told me, it is more of laundry issue and
    .i MUST not worry about changing him ..
    infact i used lot of wiping napkins and change (even now) lot of shirts ..
    i must say more it is been always more than the number of diapers in the day.
    well some kids liek to change quiet often ..like some movie stars..
    we must think our kids belongto that category probably

Ive used the TIDE spot pen thingy on spit up a time or two.. It helps with smell lol